Lately, it seems that there have been some negative stipulations regarding the “pro-gun” crowd. I have heard a few guys lamenting the fact that girls seem to be scared off or uninterested after finding out that they have a love for guns. Caught off guard, these guys often don’t know how to respond with a compelling argument for why one should date a “pro-gun” guy. While the default response of “‘Merica!!” might work at a bonfire out in the country, when placed in an urban environment, the “pro-gun” guy must appeal to logic and reason if he is going to stand a chance of convincing his crush otherwise.
Therefore, my purpose in writing this piece is two-fold; first, I want to help my “pro-gun” buddies to formulate logical arguments for why a girl should date them, and their love for guns. Second, to convince any girls out there who may be hesitant, to give the “pro-gun” guy a shot. I will approach this task by simply appealing to the arguments as if I were trying to convince a girl to date a “pro-gun” guy.
So ladies, hear me out for a minute. I promise to keep this short and sweet.
Most “pro-gun” guys aren’t the stereotypical dirty overall wearing, tobacco spittin’, dumb rednecks you see them portrayed as in the movies. In fact, quite the opposite is true. Most “pro-gun” guys are articulate and educated. In the face of constant attacks on their 2nd Amendment rights, they are well read and are quite capable of defending their “pro-gun” stance, but aren’t equipped to do so in the face of a pretty gal such as yourself. Most attacks on us “pro-gun” guys are rather aggressive, and therefore our response is programmed to be aggressive. We don’t want to come off as a zealot in our first conversation about guns, so often the first response is something along the lines of how fun shooting is.
While this emotionally based argument may seem a little weak, he’s not wrong. So here’s what you outta do: get him to take you shooting! I guarantee he will be excited to do so, and 99.9% of the time it will be an awesome experience. (Fellas, take note–don’t screw up the shooting trip. No deer rifles. No slugs. Avoid magnum loads. Start ’em off with a .22, work your way up from there. Don’t make them do anything they would be uncomfortable with. Bigger isn’t always better when you take a girl shooting for the first time.)
If the “pro-gun” guy has already taken you shooting, you are probably at the crossroads of deciding to proceed or not. You had a great time and appreciate the fact that the “pro-gun” guy would literally share a piece of his heart with you. On the other hand, there is that voice in the back of your mind wondering if this guy would be a stable and reliable partner. I get it; the whole gun thing is new to you.
So, here are 10 things you should know the “pro-gun” guy:
- He’s probably a stud.
- He’ll make you feel safe.
- He’s pretty adventurous.
- He’s a straight shooter. Always has been, always will be.
- His financial management is on point. The “pro-gun” life ain’t cheap.
- He knows how to treat a girl right. The first rule of firearm safety is to “always treat a gun like its loaded.” The same respect is shown to women.
- He is responsible. The second rule of firearm safety is to “never point a gun at anything you aren’t willing to destroy.” The “pro-gun” guy won’t point a finger of blame at you, he knows that would mean total relationship destruction.
- He isn’t hasty. The third rule of firearm safety is to “keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.” He’ll pull the trigger when he’s ready.
- He thinks things through. The fourth rule of firearms safety is to “know your target and what is beyond it.” He’s thinking ahead before he takes any shots.
- He’ll get you a big ole ring. “Pro-gun” guys know how to shop, and aren’t afraid to drop some serious cash on precious metals.
If this list doesn’t convince you to at least date him for a while, I don’t know what will. Don’t let the guns keep you from giving the “pro-gun” guy a shot.